Top 5 Halloween Attractions around Gloucestershire for 2020
With trick or treating being a no-go this year (boo hoo!) this may leave you and your children feeling disappointed, but not to worry, we have found you the top 5 attractions around the Gloucestershire area so you and your family can still have an epic time this weekend. Of course all of these events are socially distanced and covid secure.
- Berkeley Castle – Spooktacular Halloween fun with Henry VIII & Past Times Living History. Check out this both educational and fun event. With live actors, scary games and story telling. All of this along with walking the beautiful surrounds of Berkeley Castle, this makes for a special treat. Check out their website here: https://www.berkeley-castle.com/whats-on/spooktacular-halloween
2. Old Down Spook Fest – Old Down Country Park , located in Bristol. The park is home to a beautiful country manor, along with farm animals. For halloween this year they have a range of activities for the whole family, including Pumpkin Carving, fancy dress competitions, a scavenger hunt and Pumpkin Bowling! This event is running from the 26th October until the 31st October. 10am-5pm. Booking slots are important for the specific events, and if you aren’t at an event your whole family can wander around the gorgeous estate. Check out their website here: https://olddownestate.co.uk/events/old-down-spook-fest/
A similar attraction is at Cattle Country!
3. Pumpkin Picking at Cotswold Farm Park located in Cheltenham, this is great fun for all ages, and it’s lovely to get out into the fresh air. Whether you are buying a pumpkin to carve or to make into delicious pie. This is great fun, and really helps kids understand where their pumpkins are from. This event will be running until 31st October 2020. Check out their website: https://cotswoldfarmpark.co.uk/events/pick-up-a-pumpkin/
4. Ghost Hunting Gloucester Prison – From 9pm – 3am, this attraction is not for the faint hearted. It is most probably not appropriate for young children, however this fun event is perfect for older families. Gloucester HMP was home to notorious serial killer Fred West and the grounds of the prison date back to the 1700s. So there is lots of history to learn, check out this throughout the whole year for more events. Are you brave enough? For more info go to: https://www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk/ghost_hunts/Gloucester_Prison.php
5. Museum of Ghoulster Halloween City Trail – Go on a spooky stroll around the Museum of Gloucester and around Gloucester city for a spine chilling evening. So get dressed up in your scariest outfits for an evening of scary stories. The trail is £5 for adults and £3 for children (both include a goody bag too). If this isn’t enough halloween fun for you, you can also stay for a film screening later in the evening, you will also find food stalls. Buy tickets in advance. Check out more information here: https://www.exploregloucestershire.co.uk/event.asp?EventID=9750&SID=15659&Refresh=26%2F10%2F2020+3%3A40%3A56+PM
Let us know what your favourite attractions are for 2020. We can all still have a fun time, whilst keeping both us and those around us safe. To contact us email: email@example.com
Happy Halloween x